Torching of travel-trailer has “Our Town” feel to it

Last week a single-axle travel-trailer parked on the side of Highway 112 was torched in the early morning hours.  Looking over the chatter on Our Town’s Facebook page shows there was a chorus of Our Town members and/or posters suggesting ways to get rid of it.  Some even posting photos of the travel-trailer on the side of the highway.

As soon as someone suggested torching it more of the chatter-group chimed in and suggested how fitting it would be and how worthless were the people who owned it etc etc.

One of the individuals,  posting under the name of a Supervisor of Corrections, suggested “toss a flare in it.”

(No one posted on the thread urging sane reconsideration of this  planned criminal act)

That night, or early the next morning, the recreational vehicle burned to the ground.  The chatter group was thrilled.

Little do they know federal officials, in town for weeks, with Geofeedia software, which  tracks targeted social media posts over a large area and sweeps it into a manageable database for ease of investigation.  The software also maps the geophysical location showing exactly where targeted social media posts originate.

Luckily there was no one sleeping in the travel-trailer or there would now be a charge for manslaughter.

Anyone with information on this act of arson or other crimes is encouraged to contact the Washington State Police and or Clallam Sheriff’s Dept.  If you were involved in this it might be a good idea to be the first to turn yourself in and cop a plea as others may do time.

20 Comments

1. Rik Reynolds

Jesus said “In the kingdom of heaven you are not man and woman, but one in the spirit.” He then taught his followers to pray that “it be done on earth as it is in heaven” and when they pray to act as if their prayers have been answered, so true Christians act as if we are all one. No one knows if there is a god that judges us after our lives are done, but on the chance there is odds-players cover their bets. These evil people should make amends and help those they have harmed lest one day they reap what they have sown.

2. Traci Davidson

This has got to be the stupidest article yet, I cannot believe your audacity. Do you honestly think the “Our Town” people would do this? Wow- just wow.

Editor’s Note: As the article states, this incident was suggested and discussed at length on Our Town’s Facebook page. Within hours of that discussion it was carried out. Do we think the right-thinking people who came to Our Town for all the right reasons planned and performed this act–no. Do we think it possible that people with posting privileges on the Our Town Facebook page could have pulled this stunt-absolutely. The fact remains during the two days of discussing burning the trailer on Our Town’s Facebook page no one objected to the act nor cautioned the ones talking about it. The only “adult” in the room said, “toss a flare in it.”

1. Traci

People talk crap all the time doing it is a whole other ballgame. You sir are an absolute idiot.

Editor’s Note: Your friends plot crimes online, using their real names, then commit the crime–and I’m the idiot??

1. Enough

You must be an “OurTown” member? The word idiot is a common term used by anyone in that group who doesn’t like it when someone refuses to drink their Kool-Aid.

1. Traci

Actually I grew up in PA and it sickens me how my little home town became such a pit. I worry about my friends and families safety daily- that’s sad. And I’m not a “kool-aid ” drinker thank you. I use the term Idiot when it’s warranted.

2. Traci

Yes sir you are, because my friends have done no such thing. I would suggest you direct your anger to this group to the junkies that are ruining a once beautiful community with their discarded needles and garbage. What happened to respecting where you live and what you do…this group and now my “friends” are only helping the community clean up. Maybe you should give it a try.

Editor’s Note: Wasn’t there a needle exchange program, run by the county, and didn’t OT personnel come by and photograph those who would trade in their needles instead of litter the parks with them? You want to get rid of needles in the park then get rid of the photographers who belittle them when they try to step up.

1. Enough

There was a group doing clean ups long before these wanna be cops started clean ups Right? The youth group OT harassed, made false statements to police about. Followed, threatened and harassed, refused to work with and over all tried to bully into following your leader? I don’t remember that group going out in the middle of the night and attacking homeless people in tents, taking pictures, stalking them and the list goes on. No I believe those teens had a vision and ran with it only to have a group of adults continue to this day to trash talk the group and anyone who will defend them.

3. questions

so where is the proof of that discussion ? You surly must have screen shots to back up your claims ?

Editor’s Note: Yes, Local, state and federal law enforcement authorities have “screen shots” from Our Town’s Facebook page where they are discussing the planned burning of the travel trailer.

1. Rik Reynolds

Good point. Surely this qualifies as a “hate crime,” but I doubt the FBI will do anymore than they did when Hillary broke the law.

4. Enough

Why does it seem so far fetched. They have attacked others in the past. The original ideology behind this group, was to run all undesirables out of “our town”. The theme of the very first “BBQ” across from Swains. Clean up the town by running “these people” into another town. Out of site out of mind.

I am still waiting to see justice served for the ones who went into the homeless camp behind Baskin Robbins and kicked them while they slept in their tents and threaten them with gun/guns to be prosecuted.

I am losing faith that anyone will be prosecuted for these types of crimes. Until crimes against the homeless or anyone who does not agree with these vigilante’s are actively prosecuted to the full extent the law allows, it will continue to be a problem and will only get much worse. We have a group of mini Hitler’s running around our county. They need to be legally stopped.

5. Enough

What scares the living hello out of me and should scare the hello out of every single law abiding and un-law abiding member of this community is the fact that, the founder and a few henchmen of OT are running around in the PA Police Departments volunteer car. If that does not scare the shit out the people of this County, I don’t know what does.
    Editor’s Note: Chelsea Ward, erstwhile leader of OT, has been removed from the rolls of “Police Volunteer.”

6. Lea Baker

I don’t think anyone from the group our town would do that. Its not in their mode of operation. I personally think
    It was a meth cook that blew it up.

Editor’s Note: And you think they were cooking meth on the shoulder of a major state highway in the middle of the night and blew it up with no casualties???
    What are you smoking?

Secondly, let’s be clear. I am sure the overwhelming majority of Our Town types want to do good for the community. A few think rousting homeless is the way forward. However, the sensible members of the organization are not calling out the vigilantes–at least not on their Facebook page. Ergo they all get painted with the same brush. It’s called stereotyping. Adam makes the whole organization look bad. Keep in mind there are police reports of homeless people, and those who may only look homeless being harassed and assaulted, having roofing tacks thrown in their face from a moving car, being shot with paint-ball guns, cars running up on sidewalks to scatter homeless on the sidewalk. This may sound like great juvenile fun but the mature members of Our Town are not calling them to heel so they bear the brunt too–in my humble opinion.

1. Traci

You are obviously angry with a the our town people, but accusing the members of a group of things is very juvenile. (In my humble opinion)You accused my friends of doing things and you don’t even know me or my friends – all because I belong to a group on facebook. That’s pretty adult of you..the only thing I have seen from that facebook group was to help people be aware of the junkie thieves that are now devouring my hometown. I’ve seen them offer blanket exchanges and other for the homeless. If your so worried about the homeless being treated so badly maybe try helping out instead of accusing people and starting crap.

2. Rik Reynolds

“A society will be judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members.”

Those who are cruel to others will one day be treated cruelly. The wheels of justice sometimes grind slowly, but inexorably. As they sow….

7. Elizabeth Stallings

Undercover homeless. Now there is an idea who’s time has come. I can’t begin to say how relieved I am that I do not live in “Our Town.”
    The parks are clean and there are no homeless or drug addicts. Its very quiet there and boring. Everyone is the same. Lower middle class, white, intolerant, unkind and stupid.

8. Steve

Did the fire department investigate this fire as an arson? Or did they just assume it was Meth lab because “our town” said so? Makes ya wonder about the validity of our police and fire investigators and the connection they have with this group “our town” and possible abuse of power to appease the likes of AC and his sheeple!?

1. Rik Reynolds

Has the owner of the trailer filed a complaint with the sheriff? Did it have plates on it that even allow finding the owner? Was someone living in it at the time or was it abandoned? If it was empty at that time of the morning that suggests it was abandoned, but it could have been for a number of reasons. Perhaps it was cheaper than to scrap it out. Or it could have been abandoned without title elsewhere, making it impossible to sell or give away. Aluminum boxes lined with wood paneling rot quickly in this climate. Without plates to track the owner law enforcement may have no way of even finding the owner. Unless they come forward and make a complaint no prosecution is likely.

1. Nadia Seymour

What is important to our community is the fact that this vigilante group “Our Town” discussed burning down this very trailer with the assumption homeless people or criminal types were living in it.

If it were something the homeless had taken shelter in, it is likely they had no paperwork for the trailer, nor would they file a complaint.

The issue here is the reckless disregard for others the “Our Town” group has demonstrated, even in their on-line discussions.

Now they want fair legal treatment for their leader, who has been arrested on several criminal charges. They want the presumption of innocence for their accused leader, for their group, for them, and for their actions. Something they will not give to the people they harass, insult and attack.

1. Rik Reynolds

If I was homeless I’d rather sleep in a tent in town, closer to services and supplies, than in a trailer way out of town alongside a highway where I would be constantly awoken by passing cars. Old trailers are great growth medium for mold and mildew, which makes them hazardous, even lethal to inhabit. That and the fact that aluminum boxes lined with glue-lam’d plywood have a burn time of about 15 minutes as I recall. It doesn’t have to burn to kill you tho’. An unattended candle can start a slow-smoldering fire that will produce enough carbon monoxide so that you won’t wake up, even if you have a smoke detector. I wasn’t privy to the conversation online about the trailer, but arson, regardless of the condition or status of the trailer, is still a crime. I seriously doubt anyone was living in it tho’, and if they were they should not have, for their own health and safety. I can’t imagine anyone would choose to live there knowing that in the morning they’d have to hitchhike into town for a shower and to get lunch at the Salvation Army or access other services. Anyone that would do that has serious mental health issues better dealt with in town than alongside the highway many miles outside of it.

If indeed the conversation on Facebonk was along the lines of burning out a homeless person, then that in itself is surely a crime, like inciting a riot, and I hope those foolish enough to instigate a crime against humanity reap what they’ve sown. They need to become homeless themselves to learn empathy.

Anybody got a link to their moronic and criminal musings on FB?

9. Concerned PA Citizen

Thank you for reporting on this. That group IS inciting violence and with their real names. Not compassionate and not smart.